Botox is a protein that helps relax the muscles and is, time and again, used to reduce wrinkles in the skin. It is derived from a bacterium, clostridium botulinum, that is found in different naturally existing substances. While giving Botox injections in treatment, a small dose is given, whose effects last only temporarily.
What conditions can Botox help treat?
- TMJ: Dentists have started using Botox to treat common dental problems such as temporomandibular joint disorder or simply TMJ. TMJ can be quite painful in the jaw area. This pain can be challenging to manage with traditional treatments. Pain medications are often not adequate, and the pain can become excruciating. Botox is an alternative treatment that may significantly reduce facial pain associated with TMJ and other dental problems. While facial devices can often correct TMJ's dental problems, the pain associated with such disorders can be challenging to manage. Botox can provide patients with much-needed relief from pain when other alternatives have been futile.
- High Lip Lines: Not only is Botox helpful in managing facial pain but it also useful to treat high lip line cases. Botox is used in lip augmentation, which helps relax the lip muscles. This is to make sure that the patient will not raise their lip as high as before. This Botox treatment does not cause any obstacles to the patient's ability to speak and chew. Botox treatment has its merits. Most often, the treatment can be completed in one visit, and the results are instant. Botox treatment provides an alternative solution to invasive dental treatment. With the use of Botox, the teeth and gums being treated can stay unharmed. Botox treatments offer a wide range of treatment options available to patients.
- Reshaping and Enhancing the Smile: Botox is used to help augment and reshape your smile. From lip lines to wrinkles, Botox helps to make you more confident in your smile. It can also help you attain simple cosmetic improvements to make you more confident in your smile. Most Botox treatments are simple, and their effects last for about six months.
- Adjustments with new dentures: New Dentures can often cause an enormous amount of discomfort. Our mouths are often more used to slow changes, and dentures bring about a quick and remarkable change. While some may get adjusted to the new dentures, others will greatly realize the value of a Botox treatment which helps relax their muscles. Botox can give ample relief from discomfort and facial pain undergone during any orthodontic or dental treatment. Many dentists will recommend Botox to help you adjust to your dentures if you experience a large or unusual amount of discomfort.
- Grinding Teeth: This type of problem can lead to a series of costly problems. If you have found that you are grinding your teeth while you are sleeping or throughout the day, then it's of great importance that you work to find a way to ease the problem. By continuing to grind your teeth, you will eventually end up causing a significant amount of damage to your mouth. There are several methods to cure grinding teeth, including using Botox to the muscles that cause grinding, mouth guards, and other procedures.
Call us at Smile Loft Dental or schedule an online appointment to know more about Aura Aesthetics – Botox.